Dean and Susan
Vineyard and Farm
Meet our friendly
Brightwood Vineyard and Farm is located in central Virginia, east of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah National Park. We are easily accessible (less than 2 hours) as a day trip from several large metropolitan areas:
From Charlottesville--30 miles/45 minutes
From Washington DC--80 miles/1 hour 45 minutes
From Richmond--75 miles/1 hour 30 minutes
Click here for a map and directions courtesy of Google Maps.
Driving Directions from the North:
• Travel south on route 29 to Culpeper. Take the third Culpeper exit for 15 South.
• Follow route 15 for 10.2 miles
• Turn right on route 634 (Oak Park Road). There is a blinking light just before the turn. Follow the Oak Park Road for 4.3 miles
• Turn right on route 607 (Lillard's Ford Road).
Follow 607 across a low water bridge; you can see the farm on the right. Our driveway is the first one on the right after the bridge. Box # 1202.
• The bridge is impassible after very heavy rains; if in doubt, call first and we'll give you alternate directions.
Driving Directions from the South:
• Follow Rt. 29 north from Charlottesville through the town of Madison.
• About 4 miles north of Madison, turn right on route 629 (Lonnie Burke Road) at Our Lady of the Blue Ridge Church
Go 0.8 miles
• Turn right onto route 607--Lillard's Ford Rd.
Go 1.9 miles, pay close attention as Lillard's Ford Rd. makes several sharp turns (right at 0.2 mi., left at 0.6 mi., and left into our dirveway at 1.9 mi.).
• Our farm is on the left just before the Robinson River
Box # 1202